October 15, 2009

SNN Recommends 10/15/09: Stuff Queer People Should Know

Jamie Royce has a blog titled "Stuff Queer People Need to Know," one of the Lesbian and Gay Foundation (UK) Best 100 LGBT Blogs:

I am Jamie Royce, wordsmith. I am the freethinker of freethinkers. I can usually be found huddled over some sort of publication or writing, absorbing its content and scrutinizing it, of course. I hate people that automatically assume the elevator is empty and rush onto it as the door is opening. I loved watching the cartoon about BeetleJuice when I was kid, as well as climbing the bee-filled crab apple tree in my mother’s front lawn. Collecting free plastic cups that are given away at various events, I practically refuse to drink out of anything else.

Currently I am an award-wining journalism student at the University of Cincinnati and the opinion editor of The News Record. This summer I am an editorial intern at Family Tree Magazine; to see what I have been doing for them, click here. Alternating Currents, the region’s only LGBT-focused radio program, is my latest venture. Listen on Cincinnati’s WAIF 88.3 every fourth Saturday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., or live stream from anywhere by clicking here.


Click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment