February 22, 2007

Weary From the Hate and Negativity

That's how I've been feeling more frequently as I write this blog since much of my commentary has been to refute the bigotry and hatred of the religious right and others who seek to deny GLBT people their basic human rights.

After sharing those thoughts with Pastor Brenda, I decided to shift my focus here somewhat. Rather than harp on the negativity directed toward those seeking to diminish GLBT people, I'll be seeking out more stories like the one I posted below. There are people, members of the GLBT community and their straight allies, who are making a difference, a positive one, in how GLBT people are welcomed into God's kingdom and how they are working to attain legal rights in society.

While there will still be some important issues with a negative angle I'll address, there will be more emphasis on those stories where people are making a positive contribution. If you run across any you think the readers here would appreciate, please send an e-mail with a link to me at straight_notnarrow@yahoo.com.

Thanks and God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your blog. I read it daily and often pass your articles along because of their uniqueness. I'm excited to see your change since I myself have grown weary of the negative and have also decided to more focus on the positive. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete