July 06, 2009

Evening Prayers 7/6/09

Lord,

This was one of those days when I just felt overwhelmed. I love my job, but today I felt that I just had to pour it out with very little time to catch my breath, and then had another rough commute home because of the continued issues with the DC subway system.

In your word, you told us we could do everything through him who gives us strength (Phillipians 4:13), and I claim that tonight as I recover from the day. I claim that for tomorrow, heading into the city again and facing another challenging schedule. Lord, there are no challenges put before us that you can't get us through. I know sometimes you allow things to happen in our lives that wear us down, that force us to draw on your strength because ours alone is not enough.

Lord, I thank you for the times that humble me, and I was humbled a couple of times today. I thank you for the things that keep my ego in check, that remind me I am enjoying the success I currently have in my life not because of my greatness but thanks to your blessings.

I thank you that I can look forward to tomorrow with anticipation, not trepidation. I thank you for filling me with hope and not fear.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment