December 14, 2009

"Links In a Chain"

Here's a good reminder of the importance of historical perspective from QSaltLake:

Recently, I was interviewed by Seth Bracken, a promising young reporter with Utah State University’s student newspaper, for a story he was doing on gay male parents. I found his enthusiasm and desire to write a positive gay story refreshing.


As we talked, it became clear to me how different our lives were as gay men. No, not because I have kids and he doesn’t. Not because he and his boyfriend probably go dancing on Friday nights while I’m sitting on the couch watching a Disney flick with the boys.


No, our lives are different because at literally half my age, Seth’s experiences are shaped by four decades of gay and lesbian rights.

Click here to read the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment