November 05, 2007

Yes, I Do Have a Face







In an effort to make this blog a bit more personal, I'm posting a couple of photos to show you what I actually look like. I haven't been hiding, I just haven't fooled with uploading any pictures until now. The one on the left is of the beautiful Pastor Brenda and myself prior to our Christmas Eve worship service last year. I'm the one with the mustache. She loves me in purple, which was a primary color at our wedding (black and purple, Baltimore Ravens colors btw).

On the right is Pastor Brenda and I at the recent PFLAG national convention. I've grown a beard since then. I was previously hesitant to do so since I knew it would come out mostly white, and as I approach my 49th birthday next month, I didn't want to make myself look any older (coloring my hair, mustache, or beard is NOT an option I would consider). During a vacation we took in August, I had reached the point where I was comfortable enough to just let it grow, and I'm actually pretty happy with it. The knuckleheads I work with (I say that with love) now call me Big Foot, I suspect since none of them know how to spell Sasquatch.

2 comments:

  1. Jim- it's nice to see you. I've been reading your blog daily for a number of months now. You don't know how much your support means to us. It's hard to put into words....

    ReplyDelete