July 23, 2007

Thanks for your support!

I sincerely and deeply appreciate all of the loving, caring messages you folks have left regarding the recent passing of my brother. From good friends like Sharone & Erica to those of you who I have never met, all your prayers, well wishes, and support are cherrished.

My brother's memorial service will be Tuesday, and I will return home Wednesday. I should be back blogging on a regular basis by Thursday night. I would love your continued support and prayers, especially for Mike who has to adjust being without the person he shared his life with for nearly eleven years.

4 comments:

  1. May Mike be strengthened by our Saints who knew of this separation of oneness:

    "After Vakxos was martyred, Sergios wept aloud: 'No longer, brother and fellow soldier, will we chant together: Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! You have been unyoked from me and gone up to heaven, leaving me alone on earth, now single, without comfort.... That night Vakxos appeared: 'Why do you grieve and mourn, brother? If I have been taken from you in body, I am still with you in the bond of union, chanting and reciting, I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou hast enlarged my heart. Hurry then, yourself, brother, through beautiful and perfect confession to pursue and obtain me, when finishing the course. For the crown of justice for me is with you.'"

    Ref. The Passion of Saints Sergios and Vakxos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to learn about your loss. I can't even imagine what this must feel like for you. Sending wishes, thoughts, and prayers in your direction. Robin

    ReplyDelete