January 05, 2007

New Year's Wishes From Believer's Covenant Fellowship

My church took out an ad in a local GLBT newspaper, Metro Weekly, and Apostle Dale Jarrett wrote a message of encouragement to our unchurched GLBT brothers and sisters. Here's an excerpt:

Jeremiah 29:11-13 says to us, ''For I know the plans that I have for you,'' declares the Lord, ''Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future. Then you will call upon Me and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and FIND Me when you seek Me with ALL of your heart.''

As you start off your new year, remember that it's full of possibilities and opportunities. Make a decision today to be positive and optimistic about your future. Reach out to our Creator in faith and BELIEVE that God really does know who you are; God really does love you passionately and God really does care about your life. If you will do this, then you will find a new kind of joy for living that springs forth from a HOPE that says, ''God has a plan for me, a good plan, and I'm going to find out what that is and embrace it! I'm going to be just fine!'' In fact, you're going to be great!!!

If you check out the "team picture" included on the web site, you'll see me in the back row, third from the right with the beautiful Pastor Brenda sitting in front of me, second from the right in the first row.

No comments:

Post a Comment