December 21, 2006

"Why Defense of Gays Matters"

As you can imagine, the title of this column by Leonard Pitts, Jr. Like myself, Mr. Pitts is not gay so he is asked this question. He answers it very well in his column. He writes:

I have yet to learn how to segregate my moral concerns. It seems to me if I abhor intolerance, discrimination and hatred when they affect people who look like me, I must also abhor them when they affect people who do not. For that matter, I must abhor them even when they benefit me. Otherwise, what I claim as moral authority is really just self-interest in disguise.

I can't put it any better than that myself.

Thanks to Dr. Jerry Maneker for the tip.

1 comment:

  1. And we thank you for your support!

    Peace,
    Dharmashanti

    Blog: Fight the Misery Conspiracy

    ReplyDelete