December 28, 2006

New Documentary: "For the Bible Tells Me So"

Joel Heller, a media consultant who writes the blog "Docs That Inspire," was kind enough to alert me to a podcast interview he did with Daniel Karslake, the director of the new documentary "For the Bible Tells Me So." For this project, Karslake tells the stories of five Christian families struggling to reconcile their religious beliefs with the reality that a member of their family is gay.

The documentary is being screened at the Sundance Film Festival next month so it will receive some BIG TIME exposure. I commend Karslake for taking on this project and wish him all the best with the film.

Here are some brief excerpts from the interview.

"I wanted to take the view of people who had started out on one side of the issue and wound up on the other side."

"One thing I really have a problem with is people who use the Bible when they haven't even read it, they're just using what someone told them it said."

"I don't want to tell people what to think.....I want to give them another option in the discussion. As long as discussion takes place, we on the road to acceptance."

No comments:

Post a Comment