December 17, 2005

A Response from Arlington Assembly of God

On December 6, I posted a letter that Sharone Belt, a deacon candidate at my church, wrote to the Arlington Assembly of God. It was addressed to associate pastor Lynn Carter, and she was kind enough to send a very loving, thoughtful response.

This really struck me as the type of dialog christians should be having with one another regarding homosexuality, or any other topic for that matter. Ms. Carter's note was totally devoid of hate or anything except the love of Jesus. It was very refreshing and a true example of how people act when the love of God dwells inside of them and they don't beat it down with personal agendas.


Dear Sharone,

Thank you so much for your email. I appreciate your heart and am glad you understand that we as a church are attempting to reach out in love, to all people who do not know Him.

I am glad that you felt free to write and that you have such a sweet spirit toward other believers. While I may not agree with all your views, I am thankful for your relationship with Jesus and pray that you will continue to know His love and grace.

I, too, was saved at 6 and filled with the Holy Spirit at 12. Doesn't it make you wonder how people survive without knowing Him? His love and peace are the strength of my life. What a honored to be loved by the Father.

I pray your Christmas will be filled with His light and love.

Lynn Carter
Arlington Assembly of God

3 comments:

  1. It's a little bridge. It may not seem like much to some, but means so much more in the things of the Spirit and for future dialog.

    Jesus is returning for a united church - not one which agrees on every precept, but one which is united in spirit and in the knowledge of the grace of our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say--Thanks you for this site. It is great to know that there are others out there who want to love people as they are like Jesus would. So thanks again.

    God Bless

    Becky O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Lynn Carter personally - and I also know that she cares deeply, deeply for the wholeness of the Body of Christ. I am thrilled at her response. I believe that God calls us all to holiness, in all of us, desiring 'Truth in the innermost parts' for us all, on whatever level and however we are living - and each step we all take in honesty with Him and ourselves and each other, as we lovingly interact with each other, as we let the Holy Spirit transform us - it's an awesome thing! Our Father grieves as any and all of us remains broken, due to anger, denial, rebellion, bitterness, lying, self-hatred or hatred of others. We get the idea... He wants His Bride and Body whole! So, I'm blessed that God is working to minister His life and reaching us all. Praise GOD for His mercy and Son! ~ Suzanne Carter

    ReplyDelete