March 09, 2010

Encouraging Words 3/9/10 To Tell the Truth

From: Love Worth Finding

“Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.” Ephesians 4:25


When I was in college, I pastored a little church 130 miles away. One night, as I was driving back home, I realized that one of my headlights was out. I was hoping I wouldn’t get stopped when a highway patrolman pulled me over.

He said, “Son, did you know one of your headlights is out?” I replied, “One of my headlights is out?” He said, “Son, you’d better get that fixed.” I said, “Yes, sir.”

When I got back in the car, the Holy Spirit said, “Adrian, you lied.” I said, “No, I didn’t lie. I told the truth.” He said, “You lied.”

If there is any area in your heart that is not based on truth, you’ve made the devil a home.

I want you to play a game of catch today, but this will only involve one person – you! When the temptation urges you to lie, catch yourself and tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment