February 05, 2010

Affirming Words 2/5/10-"A New Way of Seeing"

Here's an essay from the site Sanctuary Collective:

For me, nowhere have there been more radicalizing moments than in my work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender peoples of faith. The lives of these faithful children of God, with their stories of struggle, marginalization, redemption and hope, are a constant witness to the promise of the gospels that all our diversity is part of the reconciliation of Christ. That our whole lives are a creation of God and to be celebrated in a community of inclusion and acceptance.



The radical love and acceptance of my queer/straight alliance when I came out in college to rejection by my family, the testimony of faith and authenticity of my trans friends that changed my view of sex and gender forever, the daily actions of those working for LGBT equality around the world even in the face of violence and hate that threatens to take their very lives. These are the stories that give me hope; that inspire me to love. These are the moments of radicalization that have completely transformed how I live my life and encounter the lives of others.
 
Click here to read the rest of the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment