October 07, 2009

Daily Devotional 10/7/09 While You Wait

From: Reflections

Psalm 37:4, NKJV: Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

When we make our requests to God, do we consider His request of us? He knows our requests before we ask, even as He knows our hearts. But He also desires that we know His heart, and that the nature of our requests will mature into something that reflects His desire for us. I may have a situation I am waiting for Him to resolve. Perhaps I need a job, or to sell a house, or something else I feel I have little control over. I make my request to God, and I ask people to pray for me that my situation be resolved quickly. But what might I be missing? Why does God wait to meet my need? There is a good chance that there is a need I have that God needs to show me that is not the need I am focused on. There is a good reason why God is not resolving my issue quickly. My prayer request, therefore, needs to mature to a level wherein I ask Him, what He needs of me. My prayer request turns from, “Lord, please fix this;” to “Lord, show me what You need from me where I am.” The Lord will indeed meet all of our needs. But what is it He desires from you while you wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment