September 05, 2009

Daily Devotional 9/5/09-"Using Your Talents"

From Light Source.com/New Life Daily Devotion

Do not neglect the gift that is in you. 1 Timothy 4:14 NKJV


God gives each of us a unique assortment of talents and opportunities. And our Heavenly Father instructs us to be faithful stewards of the gifts that He bestows upon us. But we live in a world that encourages us to do otherwise.

Ours is a society that is filled to the brim with countless opportunities to squander our time, our resources, and our talents. So we must be watchful for distractions and temptations that might lead us astray.

God has blessed you with unique opportunities to serve Him, and He has given you every tool that you need to do so. Today, accept this challenge: value the talent that God has given you, nourish it, make it grow, and share it with the world. After all, the best way to say “Thank You” for God’s gifts is to use them.

Not everyone possesses boundless energy or a conspicuous talent. We are not equally blessed with great intellect or physical beauty or emotional strength. But we have all been given the same ability to be faithful.
Gigi Graham Tchividjian

The Lord has abundantly blessed me all of my life. I’m not trying to pay Him back for all of His wonderful gifts; I just realize that He gave them to me to give away.
Lisa Whelchel

It is the definition of joy to be able to offer back to God the essence of what He’s placed in you, be that creativity or a love of ideas or a compassionate heart or the gift of hospitality.
Paula Rinehart

Almighty God created us, redeemed us, called us, endowed us with gifts and abilities and perceptions. To demean the gift is to insult the Giver.
Penelope Stokes

Today’s Prayer

Father, You have given me abilities to be used for the glory of Your kingdom. Give me the courage and the perseverance to use those talents. Keep me mindful that all my gifts come from You, Lord. Let me be Your faithful, humble servant, and let me give You all the glory and all the praise. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment