May 28, 2007

Watch Out for Gay Terrorists in Alabama

At least that's what the Alabama Department of Homeland (In)Security was thinking when they included gay rights organizations on a list of groups that they alegedly felt could include terrorists.

Since the list reportedly included anti-war organizations, environmentalists, animal rights advocates, it's easy to think that instead of spawning terrorists, they included every group that was likely to skew Democratic when they voted.

This list has been dropped from the department's web site after, imagine this, people complained about the UTTER STUPIDITY OF IT.

The only thing they appeared to get right was also listing anti-abortion groups, since they actually do have a documented history of violently attacking abortion clinics.

While the Alabama Department of Homeland (In)Security was watching these groups, who was watching people who might have actually been planning on engaging in terrorist activity? After all, they couldn't let their own prejudice get in the way of protecting the citizens of their state, now could they?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Guess I need to be careful if I ever go to Alabama. Of course I have a hard enough time traveling since I have a name that hits as a false positive on the "no fly" watch list.

    You would think working for an airline I would be able to get an honest answer about how my name is on the list. No real answer to date...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being from Alabama, this sure makes me sick!

    It does make me wonder why the Moral Majority isn't on the watch list, since they have sure done more terrorist activities than any gay rights groups that I've ever known of?

    *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete