May 25, 2007

"Civil Marriage Is a Civil Right"

That's the name of the new campaign Equality Maryland is leading to lobby for marriage equality in our state.


As a member of the organization myself, I encourage my fellow Marylanders to check out the website and sign the petition in favor of legalizing same-sex marrage in the state. I would encourage you to join me in requesting yard signs and bumper stickers to publicize your support for this important issue.


There is a case being reviewed now in the State Court of Appeals that could pave the way for this to happen, but one result of that would be an intensified effort by the right-wing to push for a state Constitutional amendment taking that right away. Equality Maryland is working to mobilize supporters now, before the ruling, so they will already be in place to fight that and any other initiatives that would leave GLBT people short of equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment