September 07, 2006

"Engaging Ideas"

Let's face it, we all enjoy when someone agrees with us, and I found a column that covers some of the points I stress on this blog.

Here are a couple of points that I thought were particularly strong:

".....my friend remains willing to engage in spirited discourse that constantly challenges his beliefs, something that far too few Christians are willing to do even with each other despite the fact that Scripture calls on us to 'exhort one another daily."

"Christians should absolutely and always endeavor to grow in truth and knowledge. Especially in light of the fact that such intellectual apathy dishonors the Lord and may contribute to a culture of unbelief. The prophet Hosea delivered this charge against apostate Israel, "...my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests..." (Hosea 4:6) Hosea later issues a general warning that, "a people without understanding will come to ruin!" (Hosea 4:14)."

If people applied these principles to understanding the "clobber passages," there would be a lot better understanding of the place GLBT people have in God's kingdon.

No comments:

Post a Comment