May 22, 2006

June 1: Blogging for LGBT Families Day

I want to let you know about a grass roots blogging event that I will be participating in on June 1. It is called "Blogging for LGBT Familes Day." The event is being driven by the blog "Mombian" (Sustenance for Lesbian Moms) and is designed to raise awareness about LGBT families. You can click through on the link for more background and details.

It's actually very simple--those of you who blog can post an entry on or before June 1 and let the folks over at Mombian know so they can get it linked up. What should you write about? Quoting from Mombian:

"The choice of topic is up to you. If you are part of an LGBT family, and normally blog about your family’s activities, you may simply do so again. You may also choose to write on broader issues of LGBT family rights, acceptance, your personal path to parenthood, being the child of an LGBT family, what you’ve learned from the LGBT family down the street, or anything else that supports the goal above. Regardless, please let me know you’re participating."

If you don't have a blog and still want to participate, you can e-mail me your piece and I'll be glad to post it under your byline, or you can contact Mombian directly.

As part of the event, I'll be sharing a very personal story about my family. I encourage all of my readers to consider participating.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great idea. Count me in as a blogger with a post for June 1. And mine is going to include a huge announcement, but my lips are sealed until May 30th.

    And now I am off to write the draft.

    ReplyDelete