May 09, 2006

Help Out ChristianGays.com

I received this e-mail from a posting in the Yahoo group supporting the site ChristianGays.com.

Dear friends,The enemy is at work! ChristianGays.com has been “hammered” so badly by hackers that they have totally shut down the server and have taken the other forty websites on that server with them.

Jeff has just written:
We have managed to delete your site and the server has come back to life. Not sure where we go from here but, I have a security guy on the case who will give some advice. Possibly we need to move servers as these guys may not be providing us enough security. I'll let you know when I know more but, at least for the foreseeable future, it looks like the site will be down.
Jeff

I have mentioned to you before that Jeff wants to move to a new server (which would also solve our intermittent chat problems) but at this time they just can’t afford it.

If anyone knows anyone with expertise regarding security and hackers on servers, please ask them to contact me at mary@cogeco.ca.

This could be the end of ChristianGays.com unless
1. We find a solution to the security issues, or
2. We find the extra money to move to a new/better server for Jeff (about $100/mo more than what he pays now). It is not an option for me to move to another host for many reasons.

Along with the website went my email address, so from now on, if you need to contact me, please use mary@cogeco.ca. Please pray that God will intervene in this matter if it His will that ChristianGays.com should survive.

Thanks!
God bless,
Mary

ChristianGays.com was one of the first sites that linked to this blog and is a valuable resource for anyone investigating the possibility of being both gay and Christian. If you can help these folks put their site back together, I would strongly encourage you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment