March 24, 2010

Encouraging Words 3/24/10 Cast Your Burden on the Lord

From:  Love Worth Finding

Psalm 55:22 says, “Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.”


I heard a story years ago about a man who was carrying a heavy load of grain down a country road. Another man in a horse-drawn wagon saw this traveler carrying his heavy load of grain and he said, “Mister, you need a ride? Get up here with me, and I’ll take you.”


And so the man got up in the wagon and they got on their way. A few minutes passed, and the driver looked behind him to see if the traveler was settled. He couldn’t believe what he saw – the man still had the load of grain on his shoulder. He said, “Man, put that down and relax!” But the traveler said, “Oh no. It’s enough to ask you to carry me without having you carry this also.”

Have you ever done that to the Lord? You say, “Well, Lord, I’ll let You save me, but I’ll carry my own burdens.” Friend, if you can trust Jesus to save you from hell, then why can’t you trust Him to carry your burdens?”

No comments:

Post a Comment