July 15, 2008

Let's Give McDonalds Some Love

I'll admit it, I love McDonalds. Meals there are a major part of my life. Nothing to brag about, mind you, but I share that in the interest of full disclosure regarding this post.

You see, our buddies at the American Family Association have their knickers in a twist because McDonalds has the nerve to contribute to the Gay Chamber of Commerce. The AFA strongly defends the free-market system, unless a company does something its leaders don't like. This is one of those instances, so they have played the old, worn out, boycott card.

Here's an excerpt from an essay about it from 365Gay.com:

The AFA’s big beef with McDonald’s is that the company donated to the gay chamber of commerce. Surf over to the AFA Web site and you’ll read that the group is concerned “about McDonald’s, as a corporation, refusing to remain neutral in the culture wars,” the AFA states. “McDonald’s has chosen not to remain neutral but to give the full weight of their corporation to promoting the homosexual agenda, including homosexual marriage.”In short, the AFA is not loving it.

But I’m loving it.

I’m loving this curious development that an iconic American company is standing firm against the oh-so un-American American Family Association, which at every right turn stands against justice and equality.

I’m loving that McDonald’s USA spokesman Bill Whitman defended the restaurant’s policy in the Washington Post proclaiming, “Hatred has no place in our culture. That includes McDonald’s, and we stand by and support our people to live and work in a society free of discrimination and harassment.”

Out of respect for this honorable approach, I'll try really hard not to get upset the next time one of their stores screws up my order.

Click here to read the rest of the 365Gay.com article.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to go to McDonald's more now just to support their stance.

    ReplyDelete