May 09, 2008

Today Show Interview With Bishop Eugene Robinson

Eugene Robinson, the openly gay bishop ordained in the Episcopal Church in New Hampshire who has been at the center of the storm threatening to split the Episcopal Church, has written a new book "In the Eye of the Storm: Swept to the Center By God."

Bishop Robinson was a guest on The Today Show and was subjected to, in my opinion, a fairly hostile interview by host Matt Lauer. I thought he held up well, showing humility and the heart of Christ. I'm linking below to a writeup about the Bishop which contains the video of the interview. Let me know what you think of it.

Interview with Bishop Eugene Robinson.

1 comment:

  1. As a gay man and an Episcopalian, I thought Bishop Robinson shone. I did not see Matt as hostile, just doing what is commonplace in one doing his job, playing the devil's advocate in interviewing a "controversial" figure. Of course the media is going to play up those controversial aspects. Actually it provided a great platform for important points to be made by the Bishop.

    ReplyDelete