March 21, 2007

Is It Right or Is It Wrong?

That sounds like a simple question, doesn't it? Take any action or policy and ask that question; is it right or is it wrong. In my view, leaders are able to answer that decisively and then support their answer. Agree or disagree, at least that shows leadership. Politicians, on the other hand, weigh their answers toward public opinion and evaluate how those views will affect their base of supporters and their financial backers.

In the aftermath of the statements made by Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Peter Pace about his views on the immorality of homosexuality, Democratic presidential hopefuls Senator Hillary Clinton and Senator Barack Obama were asked if they thought homsexuality was immoral. Both candidates initially sidestepped that question so fast they should qualify for "Dancing With the Stars." Although they later stated that they held no beliefs that homosexuality was immoral, it comes accross to me as a political calculation rather than a sincere statement of belief.

We've already got plenty of politicians. Where are the leaders?

3 comments:

  1. Well, i think that right or wrong, bad or good are very complicated words.
    I found your blog. I' mexican, I'm not chrsitian, in fact, I'am catholic, but I like to meet new ways to think.
    I wish you weren't bothersomed by having nonchristian visitants here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mar. I'm sure I can speak for Jim when I say that non-Christians are most certainly welcome here. I hope you enjoy reading his articles and the entries that I and others post here. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete