January 11, 2006

Follow Up-Oklahoma Pastor Resigns

I want to close the loop on a story I wrote about a few days ago. Lonnie Latham, a church pastor and member of the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee, has resigned both positions. Latham admitted that the charges of him soliciting sex from an undercover policeman were true.

I don't want to pile on here. Instead, I ask you to join me in praying for Mr. Latham and his family. Specifically, let's pray that Mr. Latham opens his heart and mind to understand who he truly is. Also, ask that God helps him make any adjustments he needs to live a life that honestly represents how God made him.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine the pain Mr. Latham is going through at the moment and that of his family. I can imagine the pain he has gone through for so many years as a man trying to follow the teachings of his faith community while feeling so different iside, because I have been there. He has my prayers, as do all those still suffering in this way.

    ReplyDelete